Auto Glass Pros of Laguna Hills
OR CLICK TO CALL
Small chips, up to the size of a quarter, can be repaired on the spot by our skilled professionals. It would be more cost-effective to make repairs instead of replacing all of the glass.
How to Fix a Windshield
- It won’t take more than half an hour to resolve the issue.
- Your windshield’s factory-installed seal will still be there once it has been fixed.
- The greatest environmentally responsible action you can take is to have your windshield repaired. Replace your windshield to make the environment safer and reduce the amount of glass that ends up in landfills; few people realize that windshields aren’t simple or inexpensive to recycle. We inform them that getting their windshield fixed is a green choice.
- When a windshield is mended, all that’s left is a little flaw.
Repair Methods and Time Frames
- The longer you wait to fix the damage, the more severe it will get, so it’s crucial to attend to it as soon as possible.
- The quality of the repair could be compromised by dust and moisture.
- The damage could get worse if the sun shines on it.
- If your windshield is already damaged from being in the sun and you put on the air conditioner, the temperature shift could cause the crack to worsen and become irreparable.
When it comes to windshield replacement and repair in Orange County, no one beats Auto Glass Pros of Laguna Hills. Our prompt service, friendly staff, and reliable repairs have earned us a solid reputation. Each vehicle is cared for as if it were our own, and we guarantee 100% satisfaction. When we replace a windshield on any vehicle, we follow the manufacturer’s recommendations to make sure your safety and the quality of the service.
Call us to get the help you need today!
OR CLICK TO CALL
Receive a FREE Estimate
Why repair a windshield chip?
If the windshield chip repair is done quickly, it may be feasible to prevent further cracking. The glass will also have the original manufacturer’s sticker. A windshield replacement is a costly procedure that can be avoided with prompt chip repair.
Never disregard a chipped windshield because it can break at any time, usually when it’s inconvenient. A chip in the windshield requires prompt attention to prevent spreading. A windshield chip repair takes only 30 minutes and won’t compromise the glass’s strength.
- A trained and trustworthy specialist will examine the stability of your windshield chip damage to determine whether or not restoration is possible.
- He’ll give you some drapes to put over your car to protect the paint from the elements.
- The second step is to remove any dust or moisture from the chip by using a vacuum cleaner.
- Put a resin with the right properties onto the chip.
- Apply UV light to cure the resin and fix the cracks.
- Excess resin must be scraped off in order to obtain a smooth and level surface.
Remember that many auto insurance companies pay for windshield replacement entirely, with no deductible for the policyholder.
Most reliable auto glass shops will attempt to fix a cracked windshield before recommending replacing it. Time and money will be spared if you go this route.
The best windshield repair services may also be willing to fix small chips for free. Having the manufacturer pay to fix a chip in your windshield means your no-claims discount with your car insurance company will remain intact.
In addition, you can conduct the repairs yourself with the help of a number of “Do it yourself” repair kits.
Once a crack or chip appeared in a glass object, it had to be replaced. But with today’s technology, you can get your windshield fixed if it is cracked or chipped, and it won’t take long or cost you much.
Cracks up to 12 inches in length can be repaired by some auto glass businesses using a specialized technology. Before shelling out cash for a replacement windshield, it’s wise to get an opinion from a reputable professional.
However, there is only so much that can be done with even the most cutting-edge methods of glass restoration. This information is up-to-date as of the time of writing.
OR CLICK TO CALL
Monday – Friday: 8:30 am – 6 pm
Saturday: 8:30 am – 2 pm